Hi! I’m Eric
I helped found the FBA in July of 2008.
Experience: Eric Riess is an attorney with the law firm of Lathrop & Gage, LLP. He assists in the development of business brands, both nationally and internationally. He also assists buyers and sellers in the purchase and sale of brands, businesses, and business units.
A Certified Public Accountant, Eric has Big Eight accounting and Fortune 500 finance and management experience. Eric’s lengthy finance and management experience has equipped him to serve on the Board of Advisors for Franchise Athletes (an organization dedicated to professional athlete investment in franchising) and the Board of Directors of the Franchise Brokers Association (national trade association for franchise brokers), which he also helped found.
He has been featured in various regional and national publications over the last nine years, and conducts numerous training programs, seminars, and webinars on various topics related to business law and franchising.
Professional Memberships & Media References:
- International Business Brokers Association
- American Bar Association
- Southern Illinois Certified Public Accountants Society
- Entrepreneur’s Organization
- Franchising Forum of the American Bar Association
- International Franchising Association
- American Association of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants
- Media: l “Belleville Lawyer Will Help You Get Your Franchise Started.” Belleville News Democrat. (February 2013)
- “Veteran Franchise Lawyer Named Trainer of the Year by the FBA.” St. Louis Business Journal. (January 2013)
- “JobWatch: Franchisees need humility, open minds.” St. Louis Post Dispatch. (April 2011)
- “Heavenly Ham Store Sheds Franchise For Independents.” St. Louis Business Journal. (July 2010)
- “Stritzel Dreams of Building Pickelman’s Into Chain.” St. Louis Business Journal. (December 2009)
- “Tipping Point / Pro Players Pumped For Franchising.” Franchise Times. (September 2008)